DENTal Sealant BRAMPTON and Caledon
Tooth decay is the most common dental disease among children. Dental sealants, when applied correctly, can safely reduce tooth decay and preserve a smile for many years to come. Sealants are simply a thin plastic coating directly applied to the chewing surfaces of back teeth as a means of protecting against and preventing tooth decay. The white film of plaque that remains on the teeth without proper removal can cause tooth decay over time.
Sealants are an effective way of blocking plaque from gaining a foothold on those areas that can be hard to reach with floss and a toothbrush. They are typically applied to pre-molars and permanent molars but can also be applied to baby teeth. Sealants can be clear, white or tinted and will not be visible when you talk or smile because they are only applied to the back molars in your mouth.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Sealant?
- Cover pits, grooves and other surfaces where bacteria and food lodge to cause tooth decay
- Applied to those hard to reach back teeth that are more likely to collect plaque in their deep and narrow pits
- Cost effective – generally, the cost to apply a dental sealant is approximately one-third to one-half the cost of filling a cavity that has formed in the tooth
Candidates for Dental Sealants
- Children with newly formed permanent teeth
- Adults with tooth decay in evidence
Sealants are effective, bond to teeth easily, are painless, inexpensive and non-toxic. For more information on dental sealants, please contact us today for a free consultation. We service Mayfield Rd, Brampton and Caledon.